Ottawa Full Time
Technical Customer Support Professional
About the Position
If you are looking for a new challenge and like a high-energy environment working with innovative technologies, then you’ll love it at Vocantas. You should be a passionate go-getter, with a deep desire to ensure that customers always come first.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide post-sales technical support for clients using a hands-on approach, with a thorough understanding of the products, configurations and the best practices in programming voice applications in the Microsoft .NET environment.
- Experience working in Windows, Visual Basic and Microsoft Visual Studio including .NET(C#) environment
- Experience working with multiple Windows OS’s; Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Server2016 and Server 2019, as well as working knowledge of Linux
- Strong SQL Server experience involving query execution and light performance tuning
- Working knowledge of MS SQL functionality such as execution plans and table indexing
Skills & Experience:
Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree, and/or relevant telecom or network experience
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently while setting and meeting timeline expectations
- Ability to direct and assist in problem resolution
- Strong communication skills with a specific talent for dealing with senior management of end user customers in hospital, academic and utility settings
- At least 5 years of direct technical or customer support experience
- Be willing to share rotation for off hours support and be reachable by cell phone
- Ability to travel (valid passport and driver’s license)
Skills Considered Assets:
- Telephony (i.e., PBXs, Telco, CTI cards) and PC knowledge; Dialogic card knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Speech Server and Speech SDK
- Knowledge of hardware installation and configuration
- Experience working in a VM environment (preferably VMWare)
- Previous IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system development experience
- Working knowledge of signaling protocols (i.e., VOIP,SIP, H.323, ISDN, T1 RB)
- Experience with low-level Telecom configuration and analysis and troubleshooting
- Bilingualism in French and/or Spanish would be an asset
Please forward all resumes in Word or PDF format as well as desired compensation, in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Isn’t the perfect postion listed here?
Send us an email to email@example.com and we will try to
find a perfect role for you or check other positions