The healthcare industry, especially the senior living environment, requires tech-based solutions to help them better manage their workforce since labor consistently accounts for one of the greatest operational expenses and directly correlates to resident and employee satisfaction and care outcomes. Gone are the days of manual spreadsheet-based approaches to staff shifts.
With Communicate™ Automated Shift Fill, open shift requests are automatically sent to suitable replacements without manual phone calls. When your schedule has an open shift, it will be sent to Automated Shift Fill to find staff to cover the shift via text, voice, web portal and email. Staff respond via their method of choice to accept or decline a shift and can log their preferences and check shift history in the secure Employee Portal. Automated Shift Fill ensures that the right team member is in the right place at the right time.
Features and Benefits of Automated Shift Fill:
- Includes text, phone, web portal and email and voice for maximum ease of use. Text-only option is also available, which provides two-way communication between schedulers and employees when filling open shifts, using text only
- Real-time interactive responses
- Details of each interaction are saved in your database for report and audit purposes
- Integrates directly with your scheduling software or use the standalone version, which requires no scheduling software
- Call display will show that your organization is calling
- Automated Shift Fill is highly configurable to meet the needs of any scheduling environment
- The system operates 24/7
Another module of the Communicate platform, Notifier, automatically calls patients to remind them of their appointments and of any preappointment instructions.
Features and Benefits of Notifier:
- Reduce missed appointments and reduce wait times by back filling no shows sooner
- Follow up and re-book missed appointments
- Clients attend appointments and procedures fully compliant with pre-appointment instructions
Notifier is also a hosted solution that ensures your organization is always ready to react to any incident 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A message from Notifier can include to stay off the premises or a request for additional staff to present themselves at the facility to deal with the incident. Either way, Notifier provides two-way communication between the organization and employees.