If you are looking for a new challenge and like a high-energy environment working with innovative technologies, then you'll love it at Vocantas. You should be a passionate go-getter, with a deep desire to ensure that customers always come first.
This senior developer role is responsible for driving the design and implementation of applications and backend systems covering layouts, workflows and integrations to meet requirement specifications. The designs need to be user friendly, intuitive, responsive, extensible and scalable
• Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements and direction.
• Translate requirements and direction into architectural designs taking into consideration workflows, responsive UI, performance, scalability and extensibility.
• With QA teams drive the design, implementation and delivery of new functionality to meet business requirements.
• Drive product quality by following software development best practices.
• Document your work to the extent that QA, Tech Writers and support understand the implementation.
• Establish and deliver on plans for new software releases.
• Debug and resolve field found issues in a timely manner
• Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree, and/or relevant experience.
• 7+ years’ experience in application development and responsive UI design.
• 5+ years’ experience working with product management transforming requirements into functional designs.
• Exposure to SaaS architectures.
• Experience Restful APIs.
• Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• A desire for learning and process improvement.
• Passion for collaboration, but ability to work independently.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Skills considered assets:
• Experience with Android or iOS development.
• Worked with Jira, Mercurial or GIT, and Visual Studio.