If you are looking for a new challenge and like a high-energy environment working with innovative technologies, then you'll fit right in at Vocantas. At Vocantas, we value teamwork and innovation.
Vocantas is growing, as the demand for our proven successful products has increased. So we need you! A high energy, detail oriented Database Administrator. Vocantas is looking for an experienced DBA to join our team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate will combine a true passion for technology with a deep desire to ensure that customers always come first.
In a small team environment, you’ll wear many hats and your creative ideas will be seriously considered at all levels, including new product features, new development tools and techniques, new software architectures, etc.
• Install and configure MS SQL instances for production, development and QA environments
• Optimize server and SQL database settings for performance
• Investigate and fine tune indexing for optimal performance
• Monitor and maintain system health and security
• Investigate and resolve database issues in a timely fashion
• Maintain and evolve backup and maintenance processes
• Maintain and evolve a disaster recovery protocol
• Schedule and perform regular SQL server maintenance
• Participate in product design to ensure the architecture reflects best practices with respect to database
• 5+ years professional experience as a DBA, including technical support
• Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
• Extensive experience with performance optimization and indexing tools
• Extensive experience with MS SQL
• Experience with database server maintenance and monitoring
• Thorough understanding of server clusters and high availability
• Understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
• Understanding of programming techniques for DB access
• Deep understanding of DB design principles, tools and documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task and work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team player
• Independent self-starter, takes ownership and strives for continued improvements
• Degree in a computer science or related discipline
• Experience with data warehouse architectures
• Experience with data analytics
• Experience with Power BI
Please forward all resumes in Word or .pdf format, stating your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and must satisfy both a security and a background check. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.